Video game retailer GameStop (GME) has unveiled a digital wallet for storing, sending and receiving cryptocurrencies and non-fungible tokens (NFTs) ahead of the launch of its NFT marketplace later this year.
- A beta version of the self-managed Ethereum wallet is now available for download on GameStop's website.
- The wallet will allow players to send and receive in-game assets without leaving their web browser.
- GameStop announced in its fourth quarter earnings report in March that it plans to launch an NFT marketplace by the end of July.
- The company has partnered with Layer 2 system Immutable X for its marketplace, which will be based on Ethereum.
- Shares of GameStop, which trade on the New York Stock Exchange, rose 2.67% to $98.21 in premarket trading.